From the creators of Cars and Toy Story 3 comes a new, laugh-out-loud, heartwarming adventure in a high-octane 2-disc Blu-ray Combo Pack.
Star race car Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) and the incomparable tow truck Mater (Larry the Cable Guy) take their friendship on the road from Radiator Springs to exciting new places when they head overseas to compete in the first-ever World Grand Prix to determine the world's fastest car. But the road to the championship is filled with plenty of potholes, detours and hilarious surprises when Mater gets caught up in an intriguing adventure of his own: international espionage!
Experience all the fast-paced fun with an "all-car" cast -- plus enjoy two hilarious short films, "Air Mater" and "Hawaiian Vacation." It's turbocharged action and thrills and "even better than before," raves Peter Travers of Rolling Stone.
In Other Languages
- April 8, 2008: Development dates back to this date, with a scheduled release of 2012. At that time, the original director was to be Brad Lewis. Pixar also announced "The Bear and the Bow" and "Newt".
- September 24, 2008: Moved up to June 24, 2011. No further development was announced online until 2010.
- November 18, 2010: The voice cast was unveiled.
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Teaser trailer||Worldwide||October 19, 2010|
|Trailer #1||Worldwide||November 15, 2010|
|Trailer #2||Worldwide||March 7, 2011|
|Trailer #3||Worldwide||May 11, 2011|
|Original theatrical||USA||June 24, 2011|
|DVD/Blu-ray Disc||USA||November 1, 2011|
|DVD/Blu-ray Disc||Japan||January 18, 2012|
|Cable television||USA||September 28, 2013|
Bonus features of Cars 2 can also be found on Pixar's YouTube channel. The last one, Cars 2: Getting Behind The Wheel, was uploaded on October 11, 2011.
Home video timeline
- Main article: Home video timeline for Cars
- http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/cars2 (January 2011–June 2012)
- http://www.pixar.com/features_films/CARS-2 (June 2012–March 2017)
- https://www.pixar.com/feature-films/cars-2 (April 2017–present)