Blindsided by a new generation of blazing-fast racers, the legendary Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) is suddenly pushed out of the sport he loves. To get back in the game, he will need the help of an eager young race technician, Cruz Ramirez, with her own plan to win, plus inspiration from the late Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns. Proving that #95 isn't through yet will test the heart of a champion on Piston Cup Racings biggest stage!
In Other Languages
- March 18, 2014: Along with Incredibles 2, development dates back to this date, when both films along with the Día de los Muertos film were all nominated for release on June 16, 2017 at the earliest.
- November 6, 2014: When Toy Story 4 was first announced, it now (unfairly) occupied the June 16, 2017 release date, pushing back all three nominees to November 22, 2017 or later.
- August 14, 2015: After Coco (the Día de los Muertos film) was scheduled for release on November 22, 2017, this left Cars 3 and The Incredibles 2 with an earliest possible release date of June 15, 2018.
- October 8, 2015: Cars 3 moved up to June 16, 2017, pushing Toy Story 4 back to June 15, 2018 and Incredibles 2 to a new date of June 21, 2019.
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Teaser trailer||Worldwide||November 21, 2016|
|Theatrical trailer #1||Worldwide||February 26, 2017|
|Theatrical trailer #2||Worldwide||May 10, 2017|
|Original theatrical||USA||June 16, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||USA||November 7, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||UK||November 13, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||Japan||November 22, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||South Korea||December 13, 2017|
Home video timeline
- Main article: Home video timeline for Cars
- https://www.pixar.com/feature-films/cars-3 (April 2017–present)
|Trailers for Cars 3|
|Trailers attached to this film|