After the devastating food storm in the first film caused by his machine, Flint Lockwood and his friends are forced to leave the town of Swallow Falls. Flint accepts the invitation from his idol Chester V to join The Live Corp Company, which has been tasked to clean the island, and where the best inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind and planet Earth. Upon arriving back at Swallow Falls, Flint discovers that his machine still operates and now creates sentient food beasts like humanoid and self-aware pickles, hungry tacodile supremes, shrimpanzees, melonheads, mosquitoasts, watermelophants, and apple pie-thons. It's up to Flint and his friends to put a stop to the machine once and for all before this new form of foody life breaks from the island and invades the blue planet.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Lluvia de Hamburguesas 2: La Venganza de las Sobras|
|Portuguese||Tá Chovendo Hambúrguer 2|
|Korean||하늘에서 음식이 내린다면 2|
- December 2011: Sony Pictures Animation assigned Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn to be directors for the sequel film.
- February 29, 2012: The film was titled "Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers".
- March 15, 2012: A release date of February 7, 2014 was given to the film.
- October 15, 2012: The film was retitled to the simple "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2", and it moved up to September 20, 2013, leaving Sony Pictures Animation with no films set for release in 2014.
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Theatrical trailer #1||Worldwide||February 28, 2013|
|Theatrical trailer #2||Worldwide||July 2, 2013|
|Original theatrical||USA||September 27, 2013|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||USA||January 28, 2014|
Home video release
- Main article: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (Blu-ray/DVD)
- http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/cloudywithachanceofmeatballs2 (launched on March 28, 2013)
|Rank of worldwide release|
|Rank of release in North America|
|Rank of release on DVD worldwide|
|Rank of release on DVD in North America|
|Rank of release on Blu-ray Disc worldwide|
|Rank of release on Blu-ray Disc in North America|