Dinosaur, the 39th Disney animated feature, premiered in theaters on May 19, 2000, then on VHS and DVD (in both standard and Collector's Editions) on January 30, 2001. The first copies were printed in November 2000.
A Blu-ray Disc was released in 2006, followed by a Blu-ray/DVD combo on February 8, 2011.
Join the action-packed adventure of a group of dinosaurs overcoming enormous challenges through courage, loyalty and hope in Disney's Dinosaur, a special effects phenomenon!
Set 65 million years ago, Dinosaur tells the compelling story of Aladar, an iguanodon who is separated from his own species and raised on an island paradise by a clan of lemurs, including the wisecracking Zini and the compassionate Plio. When a devastating meteor shower plunges their world into chaos, Aladar and his family follow a herd of dinosaurs heading for the safety of the "nesting grounds." Along the way, Aladar befriends Baylene, an elderly brachiosuar; Eema, an unstoppable styrachosaur; and Neera, a feisty fellow iguanodon. Together, they must stand strong amidst food and water shortages, the threat of carnotaur attacks, and Aladar's run-ins with the herd's stubborn leader, Kron.
|1||Blue warning screens||April 2000|
|2||Walt Disney Home Video logo||March 5, 1992|
|3||Trailer for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Platinum Edition||November 2000|
|4||Promo for Disney's California Adventure||November 2000|
|5||Trailer for Atlantis: The Lost Empire||November 2000|
|6||Trailer for Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure||June 2000|
|7||Video preview for 102 Dalmatians||November 2000|
|8||Feature Presentation||November 1999|
|9||Full Screen Format Disclaimer||June 2000|
|10||THX logo||August 1995|
|12||Trailer for The Hunchback of Notre Dame II||June 2000|
Early copies of Dinosaur do not exist the preview for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- 4 "Behind-The-Scenes" Featurettes: Building A Better Dinosaur, Sound Design, Special Effects: The Monster Cloud, Where In The World Are We: Creating A Dinosaur World
- "Dinopedia" - Animated Dinosaur Fun Facts
- "Dinosearch," Search And Assemble Game
- "Aladar's Adventure" Virtual Reality Game
- DVD-ROM And Web Links
Only in the Collector's Edition DVD:
- Audio Commentary #1 - Directors and Effects Supervisors (Disc 1)
- Audio Commentary #2 - Producer and Production Team (Disc 1)
- TheatreVision - Descriptive Audio Track For The Visually Impaired (Disc 1)
- Isolated Sound Effects Track (Disc 1)
- The Development Of Dinosaur (Disc 2)
- Computer Animation Tests (Disc 2)
- Dinosaur Design Featurettes (Disc 2)
- Concept Art (Disc 2)
- Character Design (Disc 2)
- Creating A Prehistoric World (Disc 2)
- Special Effects Featurette (Disc 2)
- Story Reel (Disc 2)
- 3-D Workbook (Disc 2)
- Progression Reels (Disc 2)
- Music And Sound Design (Disc 2)
- Audio Mix Demonstration (Disc 2)
- Abandoned Sequences (Disc 2)
- Publicity Materials (Trailers/TV Spots) (Disc 2)
- Hidden "Easter Eggs" (Disc 2)
- Tarzan (VHS/DVD)
- Perfect Game (VHS/DVD)
In Other Countries
|Country of origin||Release date|
|South Korea||April 19, 2001|
|Japan||June 22, 2001|
Dinosaur premiered on ABC on May 19, 2002 (exactly two years after its theatrical release), and on Disney Channel on September 13, 2002. It aired again on Disney Channel from May 18, 2003 to August 18, 2004. On ABC, it aired again on July 6, 2003 and September 4, 2004.
- http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/dinosaur (2001-2002)