One day in the peaceful kingdom of Dream Land, Kirby was out for a stroll when he spotted his favorite food, a bright red tomato, sitting on top of a bush. As soon as he tried to swallow the tomato, though, a caped sorcerer appeared! "Hey! That’s my magic Metamato!" the sorcerer shouted. But Kirby gulped the Metamato right down! Just then, a white sock around the sorcerer’s neck began to glow…and Kirby was sucked right into the sock! It took Kirby a moment to realize that somehow the sock had transported him to a world made completely of cloth and yarn. And to his great surprise, he saw that his whole body was made out of yarn! Then Kirby noticed a yarn monster chasing a blue yarn boy! Kirby transformed into a car and saved the boy from the monster. Apparently, that strange Metamato gave Kirby the power to seamlessly transform into a car and…who knows what else? The blue yarn boy said his name was Fluff and that he was the prince of Patch Land. Prince Fluff explained that he was on a journey to stitch the continents of Patch Land back together after they had been torn apart by Yin-Yarn the Sorcerer. When Kirby heard this, he decided to help Prince Fluff save Patch Land and destroy the evil Yin-Yarn!
|Korean||털실 커비 이야기|
|June 15, 2010||E3 teaser trailer|
|September 15, 2010||Launch trailer|
|October 14, 2010||Original Japanese version|
|October 17, 2010||U.S. version|
|February 25, 2011||PAL version|
|September 1, 2011||Korean version|
In the PAL version, exactly like in many other franchises on DVD, CD-ROM games, and even on television, Kirby's Epic Yarn has a British narrator doing all the lines in the cutscenes.
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/1oyTPN1NgXbNIY635d1hEKuX9lOjgaOU (August 2010–present)
- http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rk5j (September 2010–present)
- http://www.kirbykirbykirby.com (October 2010–August 2011)
- http://kirby.nintendo.com/epicyarn (September 2011–present)
- Prima Games has released an Essential Guide book for this game on the same day when it was released. It is 192 pages long, and is spiral-bound. The book was available for pre-order since September 2010, and went on sale through 2013.