Moana Waialiki is a sea voyaging enthusiast and the only daughter of a chief in a long line of navigators. When her island's fisherman can't catch any fish and the crops fail, she learns that the demigod Maui caused the blight by stealing the heart of the goddess Te Fiti. The only way to heal the island is to persuade Maui to return To Fiti's heart, so Moana sets off on an epic journey across the Pacific. The film is based on stories from Polynesian mythology.
In Other Languages
|Spanish||Moana: Un Mar de Aventuras|
|Portuguese||Moana: Um Mar de Aventuras|
- July 10, 2013: Development of Moana dates back to this date, when it was announced along with Zootopia and "Giants".
- December 4, 2013: With Zootopia scheduled for release on March 4, 2016, this left Moana and "Giants" with an earliest release date of November 23, 2016.
- October 20, 2014: Walt Disney Animation Studios officially gave Moana the November 23, 2016 release date, leaving "Giants" with March 9, 2018 at the earliest.
- August 14, 2015: Some footage from the film was unveiled at the next D23 Expo.
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Teaser trailer||Worldwide||June 12, 2016|
|Theatrical trailer||Worldwide||September 15, 2016|
|Original theatrical||USA||November 23, 2016|
|Original theatrical||Argentinina/Chilelan||October 14, 2017|
|Digital HD||USA||February 21, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||USA||March 7, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||Argentinina/Chilelan||August 10, 2018|
|Cable television||USA||January 11, 2019|
Home video release
- Main article: Moana (Blu-ray/DVD)
- http://www.disney.com/moana (June 2016–present)
|Trailers for Moana|
|Trailers attached to this film|