Looking for any way to get away from the life and town he was born into, Tripp Coley (Lucas Till), a high school senior, builds a pickup truck from bits and pieces of scrapped cars. After an accident at a nearby oil-drilling site displaces a strange and subterranean creature with a taste and a talent for speed whom he names Creech, Tripp may have just found the key to getting out of town and a most unlikely friend.
Note: This came from the original Wikipedia article.
In Other Languages
- August 1, 2013: Development of Monster Trucks dates back to this date, when it was scheduled for release on May 29, 2015, while Paramount Animation's first film, a sequel to The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, was pushed back from 2014 to February 2015.
- February 19, 2014: Jane Levy and Lucas Till joined the cast.
- April 4, 2014: Filming began on this date.
- January 26, 2015: Despite the film being near complete, it was pushed back to December 25, 2015, then later to March 18, 2016.
- November 10, 2015: The film was pushed back one last time to January 13, 2017, while Paramount also announced three more new films for 2018 and 2019.
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Theatrical trailer #1||Worldwide||June 1, 2016|
|Theatrical trailer #2||Worldwide||November 17, 2016|
|Original theatrical||USA||January 13, 2017|
|Digital HD||USA||March 28, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||USA||April 11, 2017|
Home video timeline
|Trailers for Monster Trucks|
|Trailers attached to this film|