In order to stop a threat to the land of Equestria, Twilight Sparkle and her friends – Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Spike – embark on a journey beyond their home, meeting new friends and overcoming challenges in the process.
|Character's name||Voiced by||Singing voiced by|
|Twilight Sparkle||Tara Strong||Rebecca Shoichet|
|Pinkie Pie||Andrea Libman||Shannon Chan-Kent|
|Rainbow Dash||Ashleigh Ball||Ashleigh Ball|
|Applejack||Ashleigh Ball||Ashleigh Ball|
|Fluttershy||Andrea Libman||Andrea Libman|
|Rarity||Tabitha Germain||Kazumi Evans|
|Tempest Shadow/Fizzlepop Berrytwist||Emily Blunt|
|The Storm King||Liev Schreiber|
|Captain Celaeno||Zoe Saldana|
|Princess Skystar||Kristin Chenoweth|
|Queen Novo||Uzo Aduba|
|Princess Celestia||Nicole Oliver|
|Princess Luna||Tabitha Germai|
|Princess Cadance||Britt McKillip|
|Big McIntosh||Peter New|
|Apple Bloom||Michelle Creber|
|Party Favor||Sam Vincent|
|Bulk Biceps||Michael Dobson|
In Other Languages
|Korean||마이 리틀 포니: 더 무비|
- October 20, 2014: Very early development film dates back here, when at that time, there were already other films in development set later for release after it, such as a How the Grinch Stole Christmas remake, Incredibles 2, and canceled films Gigantic and Anubis.
- November 17, 2015: My Little Pony: The Movie was set for release on November 3, 2017.
- April 27, 2016: The movie's release date was moved up to October 6, 2017.
- July 29, 2017: The film is 100% complete as of this date.
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Teaser trailer||Worldwide||April 6, 2017|
|Theatrical trailer #1||Worldwide||June 28, 2017|
|Theatrical trailer #2||Worldwide||September 12, 2017|
|Original theatrical||Brazil||October 5, 2017|
|Original theatrical||Latin America||October 5–6, 2017|
|October 6, 2017|
|Original theatrical||Thailand||October 12, 2017|
|Original theatrical||UK||October 20, 2017|
|Digital HD||USA||December 19, 2017|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||USA||January 9, 2018|
|Digital HD||South Korea||May 17, 2018*|
|DVD||Japan||December 5, 2018*|
(*) In these countries, the film was not seen in theaters; instead, they were released directly to this format.
In June 2018, premium service Epix picked up broadcasting rights for the film, and since then, has aired it on itself and on sister channels Epix 2 and Epix Hits. It stayed on those channels for almost 2 years, before moving to Universal Kids, after The Star, Coco, and Ferdinand all moved to basic cable networks like FX, Disney Channel, and Freeform, and at the same time when Peter Rabbit also premiered on FX.
Home video release
Special features included with every copy of My Little Pony: The Movie include the following:
- A deleted scene
- An Equestria Girls short film
- "Baking with Pinkie Pie" Featurette
- "Making Magic with the Mane 6 and Their New Friends" Featurette
- "The Journey Beyond Equestria" Featurette
- "I'm the Friend You Need" Music Video (Sung by Taye Diggs)
- "Hanazuki: Full of Treasures" short film
These extras were first unveiled on November 14, 2017.
The film itself contains DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound on the Blu-ray Disc version, while in the DVD, it is downgraded to Dolby Digital 5.1 (which is also used for the Spanish dub). There are subtitles in English and Spanish (and Portuguese in the Digital HD copy).
In Japanese copies of the DVD, the Equestria Girls short film, the music video and two of the featurettes are absent, and the official trailer is added in. All are presented in English with Japanese subtitles, except for the trailer. The film is presented in a 1.85:1 aspect ratio (cropped from its original 2.35:1), and has two audio tracks (English Dolby Digital 5.1 and Japanese Dolby Surround), with optional Japanese subtitles.
- http://www.mylittlepony.movie (May 22, 2017–present)
- The Mane Six in order of most to least frequent appearance time in the movie: Twilight Sparkle, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and finally, Fluttershy.
- Spike appears in the movie more frequently than Fluttershy but less than Rarity.
|Trailers for My Little Pony: The Movie|
|Trailers attached to this film|