Set in a world like ours but entirely inhabited by animals, Sing stars Buster Moon (Academy Award winner Matthew McConaughey), a dapper Koala who presides over a once-grand theater that has fallen on hard times. Buster is an eternal optimistokay, maybe a bit of a scoundrelwho loves his theater above all and will do anything to preserve it. Now facing the crumbling of his life's ambition, he has one final chance to restore his fading jewel to its former glory by producing the world's greatest singing competition.
Five lead contestants emerge: A mouse (Seth MacFarlane) who croons as smoothly as he cons, a timid teenage elephant (Tori Kelly) with an enormous case of stage fright, an overtaxed mother (Academy Award winner Reese Witherspoon) run ragged tending a litter of 25 piglets, a young gangster gorilla (Taron Egerton) looking to break free of his family's felonies, and a punk-rock porcupine (Scarlett Johansson) struggling to shed her arrogant boyfriend and go solo. Each animal arrives under Buster's marquee believing that this is their shot to change the course of their life.
In Other Languages
- January 15, 2014: Illumination's seventh film began development on this date, announced to be about "courage, competition and carrying a tune."
- January 14, 2015: Matthew McConaughey joined the cast to play the lead voice role for the film.
- June 17, 2015: More casting was announced.
- November 10, 2015: Illumination's seventh film was titled "Sing".
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Teaser trailer||Worldwide||February 15, 2016|
|Theatrical trailer #1||Worldwide||May 23, 2016|
|Theatrical trailer #2||Worldwide||July 7, 2016|
|Theatrical trailer #3||Worldwide||November 2, 2016|
|Original theatrical||USA||December 21, 2016|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||USA||March 21, 2017|
Home video release
- Main article: Sing (Blu-ray/DVD)
|Trailers for Sing|
|Trailers attached to this film|