Two classics, one pak! Super Mario Bros. 2 and Mario Bros., together in one Game Pak -- and on Game Boy Advance, they're better than ever! There's all of the running, jumping, jumping, and veggie flinging that made NES Super Mario Bros. 2 a smash hit, plus new enemies and bigger items. And in the updated arcade classic Mario Bros., you can work together or have a brawl bumping off baddies and collecting coins. It all adds up to advanced Mario mayhem!
In Other Languages
|January 16, 2001||Unveiled|
|March 21, 2001||Original Japanese version|
|June 11, 2001||U.S. version|
|June 22, 2001||PAL version|
|July 16, 2014||Nintendo eShop (Japan)|
|November 6, 2014||Nintendo eShop|
- There is no title screen for the Super Mario Bros. 2 game.
- The character models on the Select screen are different.
- You can now get Heart Radishes. Hearts also appear immediately on occaisons.
- The background music for inside vases is different.
- There are bigger Shyguys and Ninjis.
- Big Vegetables can be found in some levels.
- Robirdo is now the boss of World 3. The second Mouser moves to World 6, replacing the second Tryclyde.
- Ace Coins are now introduced. There are 5 in each level to collect.
- After 7-2, you get to play an extra "Yoshi's Challenge", where you obtain two large eggs in Subspace.
- Voices are added for every character.
- A statusline is now available in Super Mario Bros. 2.
- In the Mario Bros. arcade game, the phases are slightly different. Also, Mario can move like he does in SMB2.
- http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/amaj (2001-present)
- http://www.gameboy.com/supermarioadvance (2001-2010)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/gamepage_main.jsp?gameId=329 (2001-2003)
- http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=m-Game-0000-329 (2003-2007)
- http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pCvXEXYqJbLFZ7-a8S1QbDMegr6Aezdh (2014-2019)