Woody has always been confident about his place in the world and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. But when Bonnie adds a reluctant new toy called “Forky” to her room, a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends will show Woody how big the world can be for a toy.
- Tom Hanks - Woody
- Tim Allen - Buzz Lightyear
- Annie Potts - Bo Peep
- Tony Hale - Forky
- Keegan-Michael Key - Ducky (voice)
- Madeleine McGraw - Bonnie
- Christina Hendricks - Gabby Gabby
- Jordan Peele - Bunny
- Keanu Reeves - Duke Caboom
- Ally Maki - Giggle McDimples
- Jay Hernandez - Bonnie's Dad
- Lori Alan - Bonnie's Mom
- Joan Cusack - Jessie
- Bonnie Hunt - Dolly
- Kristen Schaal - Trixie
- Emily Davis - Billy, Goat and Gruff
- Wallace Shawn - Rex
- John Ratzenberger - Hamm
- Blake Clark - Slinky Dog
- June Squibb - Margaret the Store Owner
- Carl Weathers - Combat Carls
- Lila Sage Bromley - Harmony
- Don Rickles - Mr. Potato Head (archived recordings)
- Jeff Garlin - Buttercup
- Maliah Bargas-Good - Lost Girl
- Jack McGraw - Young Andy
- Juliana Hansen - Miss Wendy
- Estelle Harris - Mrs. Potato Head
- Laurie Metcalf - Andy's Mom
- Steve Purcell - The Dummies
- Mel Brooks - Melephant Brooks
- Alan Oppenheimer - Old Timer
- Carol Burnett - Chairol Burnett
- Timothy Dalton Timothy Dalton - Mr. Pricklepants
- Jeff Pidgeon - Aliens
- John Morris - Teenage Andy
In Other Languages
|Korean||토이 스토리 4|
|Thai||ทอย สตอรี่ 4|
- November 6, 2014: Confirmed development dates back to this date. Before this, there were already three other films nominated for release on June 16, 2017 -- Cars 3, The Incredibles 2 and "la Día de los Muertos".
- October 8, 2015: The film was pushed back to June 15, 2018, after Cars 3 finally moved up to June 16, 2017, over the fact that at least one of the former nominees for November 22, 2017 had to get a release before Toy Story 4.
- October 26, 2016: Incredibles 2, which was previously pushed back to June 21, 2019, switched release dates with Toy Story 4, now giving that film the 2019 release date. At that time, the script was being rewritten.
- July 14, 2017: Josh Cooley replaced John Lasseter as director for the film, as announced at the next D23 Expo. The plot announced at that time was not the same as it is in the final film. At the same time, Pixar also announced a film about a suburban fantasy world (Onward), but no more after that until June 19, 2019, two days before Toy Story 4 hit theaters.
- September 28, 2018: Recording began on this date. Due to Don Rickles having passed away in April 2017, Pixar used any of Rickles' old dialogue from the first three films and other media for Mr. Potato Head. In the end, about six or seven lines were used in the final film, a few more than Mrs. Potato Head.
- January 30, 2019: Tom Hanks and Tim Allen's lines were finished.
- June 5, 2019: The running time of 100 minutes was announced.
Most theaters showing Toy Story 4 included previews for Onward, Trolls World Tour, The Angry Birds Movie 2, Frozen II, and DreamWorks' Abominable.
|Format||Country of origin||Date|
|Teaser trailer||Worldwide||November 12, 2018|
|Theatrical trailer #1||Worldwide||March 19, 2019|
|Original theatrical||USA||June 21, 2019|
|Digital HD||USA||October 1, 2019|
|Blu-ray Disc/DVD||USA||October 8, 2019|
Home video timeline
- Main article: Home video timeline for the Toy Story series
|Rank of worldwide release
(as of August 15, 2017)
|Rank of release on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD|