The fourth generation of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment began in 2008, when the official Disney DVD website was redesigned, and one year before the Diamond Editions were introduced.
During this generation, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment also revealed new technologies such as "DisneyFile", the first known method of including free digital copies of their films on Blu-ray Discs. Starting in 2013, the name "Digital Copy" was renamed "Digital HD". Most, if not all, of the Blu-ray Disc versions of these films, were originally priced at $39.99.
Other notable films
NOTE: Please DO NOT add complete information pages of any of these films to this wiki.
Other notable films from the previous generation, released on Blu-ray Disc for G4, include:
- Bolt (March 24, 2009)
- The Princess and the Frog (March 18, 2010)
- The Black Cauldron (September 14, 2010)
- Dinosaur (February 8, 2011)
- Chicken Little (February 8, 2011)
- Meet the Robinsons (February 8, 2011)
- The Fox and the Hound (August 9, 2011)
- Treasure Planet (July 3, 2012)
- Home on the Range (July 3, 2012)
- The Rescuers & The Rescuers Down Under (August 21, 2012)
- The Aristocats (August 21, 2012)
- The Great Mouse Detective (October 9, 2012)
- Atlantis: The Lost Empire (March 12, 2013)
- Brother Bear (March 12, 2013)
- Lilo & Stitch (June 11, 2013)
- The Emperor's New Groove (June 11, 2013)
- The Sword in the Stone (August 6, 2013)
- Oliver & Company (re-release) (August 6, 2013)
- Robin Hood (August 6, 2013)
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (August 27, 2013)
- Tarzan (August 12, 2014)
Most of the "package films" from the 1940s did not make it to this generation. As a result, all films outside of that era have now been released on Blu-ray Disc as of October 13, 2015, ending Generation 4.